What We Value & Five Avenue of Service in Rotary
29 Jul 2017 12:00 PM - 11:55 PM
Speaker: President Herman Ho
Organiser : Rotary E-Club of Tamar HK
Location : Online
WHAT WE VALUE
Rotary was founded on principles that remain at the heart of the organization today. These principles reflect our core values - integrity, diversity, service, leadership, and fellowship, or friendship. Our core values emerge as themes in our guiding principles.
AVENUE OF SERVICE
We channel our commitment to service through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activities.
1. Club Service focuses on making club strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
2. Vocational Service calls on all Rotarians to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society.
3. Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life of people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
4. International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, using local member expertise to build long-term partnerships for sustainable projects, seeking service partners abroad, and more.
5. Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development program such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards and Rotary Youth Exchange.
1. What are our core values in Rotary?
2. What are the Five Avenue of Service?
3. Share one of your experiences in one of the Five Avenue of Service to us.